April 23, 2014
To activate your new PCard:
- Save the paper on which the card arrived in a secure
location; be sure to white out or cross out the full account number that
appears on the sheet. Why save this paper? The paper includes an address you will need in the future when making certain kinds of purchases.
- If a merchant requests a "bill to address" or a "verification address", give them the address that appears on the sheet. Merchants who request this information send it to the bank as an additional verification of the card. It is important to provide the address it in the exact format it appears (including abbreviations and order of information). For example, if the address is listed as 123 North Smith St, and the merchant is given 123 Smith Street N, it will not match and the card may be declined.
- If the merchant requests a telephone number for verification, give them the PCard Program Administrator's telephone number: 612-626-1562.
- Call 1-800-344-5696.
- Enter the card number when prompted.
- Enter the last four digits of your Employee ID (EmplID) when prompted for your unique identifier. Do not use your Social Security Number.